A political agenda is set to be a group of policies and issues that the government lays out to impact political debates and news that may occur in the future. A political agenda consists of any ideas that are up for consideration. Liberals and conservatives each have different political agendas when it comes to forming the basics for the work they want to accomplish.
• Policies that are offered up for debate by liberals cover every issue that the American public faces in their day-to-day lives. These issues include economic, environmental and social problems. The liberal political agenda hopes to solve these issues with a series of new political policies.
• A political agenda can sometimes be considered a bad thing, as many politicians have been know to manipulate people with political agendas. For politicians, the point of setting a political agenda is to achieve a certain level of success. Political agendas are set carefully by political parties.
• The liberal political agenda is known to be a progressive one that hopes to move forward in a way that benefits the average American. Liberals are known for wanting the government to take firmer control of the issues that affect the public and solve them. This political agenda is the complete opposite of the conservative agenda, which wants less governmental involvement in individuals’ live.
• The liberal political agenda relies on the belief that every human being has certain rights and that the government should protect these rights. Their political agenda is filled with plans for social justice with equal opportunities for each individual. In contrast, the republican or conservatives’ political agenda relies on the government staying out of peoples’ personal lives.
• All political agendas set the stage for the tone of the election that is being held. Because it is the job of the candidates and their teams to get the points of the political agendas across clearly, large amounts of time are devoted to spending time with the average voter, speaking with them about their concerns. These concerns can help to form a political agenda. If individuals in an area is very concerned with the environment, then the political agenda may push environmental issues into the spotlight.
The political agenda that current United States President Barack Obama ran under emphasized issues of the Iraq war and the economy. This was the political agenda for the liberals because these two issues were top priority on many peoples’ mind.