There are two main political parties in the United States with drastically different political views. These political parties are the republicans and the democrats, who take an opposite political stance on a number of political issues. While republicans are considered to be conservative, democrats are considered to be liberals. A political stance is the political views that one takes. The political views of the liberal is completely opposite of the political stance of the republicans.
• Since democrats are liberal, The political views are liberal and the stance they take on most issues are liberal as well. The political views of the Democrats rely on increased opportunities for the poor and middle class and protecting civil rights of individuals. The democrats’ political views are that the government is responsible for helping individuals achieve social and economic justice.
• This is in direct contrast to the Republican Party, whose political stance is that the government should not be allowed to be deeply involved with peoples’ day to day lives.
• The political stance of a democrat is a popular one. The Democratic Party has over 72 million registered voters, the largest in any political party in the world. Since the democrats’ political views rely on progress, the political stance that they take on many issues are progressive ones.
• The Democratic political party does believe that taxes should be raised, but their political views are that taxes should not be raised substantially for the poor and middle classes. The republicans’ political stance is that taxes should not be raised at all. They particularly take a strong political stance on the belief that taxes on the rich should not be raised. The political views of the Democratic political party is that the rich should pay higher taxes. The Democratic political party also believes in raising minimum wages as a way of boosting the economic standing of the working class.
• Once an individual’s political stance has been established, then it is possible for them to pick a political party. There are other political parties beside the Republican Party and the Democratic Party. The Socialist Party follows liberal views as well.
Although a person’s political views can change over time, many individuals stick with the party that they are accustomed to.